Hawaii State PTSA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Hawaii State PTSA is here to support our PTA and PTSA leaders and community members as we navigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis together. Please remember to follow CDC guidelines on social distancing to keep yourself, your family, and your community safe and healthy.
We will be updating resources on a regular basis on our website and on our social media sites. If you have statewide information to share, please email email@example.com. If you have questions, please reach out to your PTSA leaders and know that we are all here to support you.
Below are links to resources that we hope will support you, as leaders in your community, as well as parents and caregivers, during these challenging times. This list will be updated as we receive additional information.
HAWAII STATE PTSA AND NATIONAL PTA COVID-19 RESOURCES
National PTA Resource: How to Navigate Today's COVID-19 Environment (June 2020)
National PTA Position on Distance Learning (June 2020)
Hawaii State PTSA Updated Guidelines for PTA/PTSA Leaders (4/24/20) Please check out these new resources for conducting PTA/PTSA business under the updated COVID-19 restrictions.
Hawaii State PTSA Message to PTA/PTSA Leaders (4/18/20)
Hawaii State PTSA Response to PTA/PTSA Leaders (3/27/20)
STATE AND FEDERAL COVID-19 RESOURCES
Hawaii Department of Education
Hawaii State Department of Health
U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Military Family Association
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Talking to Children about COVID-19
- How to Talk to Your Kids about the Coronavirus (PBS)
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource (National Association of School Psychologists)
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus (Childmind Institute)
- Coronavirus video for young children (BrainPOP)
- Coronavirus video for older children (WHO)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Mental Health America of Hawaii: 808-521-1846
- National Crisis Text Line: 741741
- SAVE - Suicide Awareness Voices of Education: 952-946-7998
- Promoting Positive Mental Health for Teens Feeling Isolated (Erika's Lighthouse)
RESOURCES FOR LEARNING AT HOME
National PTA Resources regarding COVID-19: National PTA has numerous resources to help keep members safe and healthy, while meeting the educational, social, and emotional needs of all students, educators, and families.
Online Resources for Parents and Students During School Closures (European PTA): A great list of resources, including activities, virtual field trips, online school, STEM, and special needs resources.
Scholastic Learn at Home
How to Home-School During the Coronavirus Crisis with Free Resources (The Today Show)